3 years on
16 Jan 2004 was the day I enlisted for the army.
I remembered how long that day was. Making my way to THAT island, eating in the cookhouse, wearing combat boots, learning to wear the smart 4, getting my hair cut, as well as trying to sleep while watching the planes fly past my window. I still remembered trying to figure out what I would be doing the same day in 2005, 2005 and beyond. I fell asleep with the thought that it would be a long time before I next sat on the plane (I would be proven wrong though).
16 Jan 2007. Today I got up late for school =p Well technically I got to school before the lecture started at 9, but I woke up late had to rush to school in 10 mins and had breakfast during the lecture. Its been quite a slack day relative to my other days though I reached back at 5pm and had to endue a "Mr Devan" lecturer. The joker provided no notes, wrote with an invisible marker, and nobody really knew what he was trying to say. Worse of all he just went on and on and on and didnt want to end his lecture!
3 years ago as I lay on my bed I had no clue what I would be doing that same day in the years ahead. (2005 - Parade Rehearsals), (2006 - Evalutation Preparation for Overseas Exercise), (2007 - Lectures!). Even today Im not too sure what the next few years will bring. I guess it'll be lectures for a couple more years, and what's next is anybody's guess. No matter what, I hope it'll be fun and that Ill never regret my choices.
I remembered how long that day was. Making my way to THAT island, eating in the cookhouse, wearing combat boots, learning to wear the smart 4, getting my hair cut, as well as trying to sleep while watching the planes fly past my window. I still remembered trying to figure out what I would be doing the same day in 2005, 2005 and beyond. I fell asleep with the thought that it would be a long time before I next sat on the plane (I would be proven wrong though).
16 Jan 2007. Today I got up late for school =p Well technically I got to school before the lecture started at 9, but I woke up late had to rush to school in 10 mins and had breakfast during the lecture. Its been quite a slack day relative to my other days though I reached back at 5pm and had to endue a "Mr Devan" lecturer. The joker provided no notes, wrote with an invisible marker, and nobody really knew what he was trying to say. Worse of all he just went on and on and on and didnt want to end his lecture!
3 years ago as I lay on my bed I had no clue what I would be doing that same day in the years ahead. (2005 - Parade Rehearsals), (2006 - Evalutation Preparation for Overseas Exercise), (2007 - Lectures!). Even today Im not too sure what the next few years will bring. I guess it'll be lectures for a couple more years, and what's next is anybody's guess. No matter what, I hope it'll be fun and that Ill never regret my choices.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home