Thursday, January 17, 2008

I walked into the lift in the ChemEng dept the other day with my lab partner and pressed "3" for the level of the computer labs. On the 2nd floor this lady stepped in and pressed "4". The next time the lift door opened, we saw the big number "4" staring at us. It was only then I remembered the stories that have been told about the lift being a little wonky and have a short term memory. We pressed "3" again and waited patiently at the doors closed. Lo and behold when the doors opened again we saw a big fat "2" staring at us. Both of us stared at each other in silence... not knowing whether to laugh or cry. Again I pressed the button "3" not knowing if I should have just taken the stairs. This time I slammed the button into its hole a couple of times for good measure. We did arrive at the correct level this time. My partner turned to be and gave a big grin. "Well... you know we're in ChemEng after all... and in real life everything takes time to come to steady state."

I think everybody here is working too hard.

P.S. In case you're wondering Im giving up taking the lift.... unless Im really free and am looking for a cheap way to amuse myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home